Refer to what your instructor wants you to do and/or to submit, as detailed below in the Deliverables section. Include the real-world (authentic) situation, type of task to be accomplished, and the sorts of higher-order thinking (analysis, reasoning, critical thinking, etc.) that were requested and/or shared throughout your course thus far.
Data Visualization and Statistical Modeling Exercise
In this assignment, you will use business knowledge, statistical modeling method, and data visualization skills to analyze the sales data from an online store. You can use any statistical tools you like, e.g. Excel, Python, R.
The dataset records the sales revenue and its marketing spending on each marketing channel from January 2013 to December 2014. The dataset has 105 rows and 16 columns.
Explanation of some columns:
Holiday: 1 means holiday, 0 means non-holiday.
PROMOTION: the scale of promotion
SP: ad spending or cost that used in each marketing channel, e.g. TV, email, paid search, online display, product search.
IMP: the total number of exposures that the ad is viewed by a visitor, or displayed on a web page in each marketing channel.
1. Open the excel file and check the correlation between each ‘IMP'(impression) and ‘SP’.
2. Create visualization to see the distribution of ‘Sales’. How’s the trend of sales over the months?
3. Create visualization between each ‘IMP’ and ‘SP’. How’s the trend of each ‘IMP’ and ‘SP’?
4. Check the segmentation of ‘AVERAGE_PRICE’ and ‘MEDIA_SPEND_of_competitor’ for ‘Holiday’. Does ‘MEDIA_SPEND_of_competitor’ have an impact on ‘AVERAGE_PRICE’? (hint: you can use Excel PivotTable to solve this question)
5. Check the segmentation of ‘Sales’ on each ‘PROMOTION’. Does ‘PROMOTION’ boost ‘Sales’?
6. Try to impute a linear regression model to check the coefficient for ‘IMP’ and ‘SP’. Summarize the output of the linear regression model, e.g. p-value, r square.
7. Optional question: Analyze the contributions to the sales for each marketing channel and calculate the ROI (Return of Investment) of each marketing channel. (hint: research on marketing mix modeling method)
Please follow the guidelines shared below
Most classes have a 2 paper requirement per course. Please be sure to address the following requirements when completing your papers:
o Acceptable/credible sources include: Academic journals and books, industry journals, and the class textbook. To include additional types of sources, please review the “Guidelines for finding and utilizing required references for your paper,” shared below.
Our customer is the center of what we do and thus we offer 100% original essays..
By ordering our essays, you are guaranteed the best quality through our qualified experts.All your information and everything that you do on our website is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The paper ordered is very original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the industry which ensures that the the essay written is 100% original. In that regard,we have a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
Our Company thrives on excellence and thus we help ensure the Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order.To do so, we provide a Free Revision policy as a courtesy service. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provides the request within Fifteen (15) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations and research papers.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endeavor to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more